The credit card activation process is different. The activation process is not the same for all credit cards. Therefore, it is very important that you follow the activation steps specified for your personal credit card. Some credit card providers allow their cardholders to activate their credit cards through their net banking accounts, while some prefer the ATM activation process.
There are many ways to activate a credit card. Usually, the activation process varies from bank to bank and there is no normal credit card activation process. Some banks ask cardholders to activate their credit cards by logging into their net banking system and activating the card. Some other banks require cardholders to visit an ATM and swipe to activate the card.
To activate the card, you need to know the personal identification number or (PIN). Banks have different ways of informing the customer about the PIN. Some banks send the PIN separately after sending the card, while some banks help the users to create the PIN online.
How to activate a credit card online
Easy way activates a credit card through internet banking:
- You can visit the official website
- Log in to the internet banking portal with your user ID and password.
- Select ‘Card Activation
- Type your credit card number, your date of birth, and your expiration date.
- Select ‘Submit’
- Enter your ATM PIN and select ‘Submit’
- You will get an OTP on your device.
- Enter OTP and select ‘Continue’
Easy way to activate a credit card via mobile:
- Download the bank’s mobile app and then log in to the portal
- Select ‘Register’ or then click the ‘Activate a Card’
- Select ‘Credit Card’
- Enter details like expiration date, card number, and date of birth.
- Click ‘Next’ and click on ‘Send OTP’
- You will receive an OTP on your registered device.
- Enter OTP and select ‘Submit’
- Then, You can create a new user ID and password
- Choose a security question and answer it
- Select ‘OK’
How to Activate Credit Card Offline
You can easily activate your credit card by contacting the bank’s customer service. Once you contact the customer support department of the bank. They will guide you to activate your credit card. You can visit the official website of the bank to find the customer service number.
Activate Your Credit Card Via SMS
There are several banks that allow you to activate your credit card by sending an SMS to the bank’s customer service number. You will need to check with your bank to see if this option is available. You need to send an SMS that is default and send it to a specific number. SMS can be your ATM PIN or MBANK. After you send an SMS to the number, you will immediately receive a response from that number regarding your credit card activation process.
Activation Process of Top Bank Credit Cards
How to Activate State Bank of India Credit Cards
The bank allows a number of ways to activate your credit card. You can log in to your account at sbicard.com or email to sbicard.com/email. If you log in to the SBI website, you can log in using your user ID and password. You can then click on the ‘Request’ menu and then select the card number from the drop-down menu you want to activate. Click the Activate button. Your card will be activated immediately.
How to activate Yes Bank Credit Card
To activate your Yes Bank credit card, you need to log in to the bank’s net banking portal with your user ID and password.
- Click on Credit Card
- Click ‘Pin Set / Reset’
- Choose the card that needs to be activated
- Click the Submit button.
- Enter the default PIN.
- Enter the OTP sent to your device.
- Set a new PIN.
How to Activate HDFC Bank Credit Cards
- Click on ‘Create New PIN Using OTP’.
- Enter OTP
- Set the PIN
How to Activate Axis Bank Credit Cards
Axis Bank offers a variety of ways to generate a new PIN for your credit card.
You can call the bank’s customer service or contact the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) to create a new PIN and activate your Axis credit card.
Create your credit card PIN by logging on to the mobile app or internet banking portal.
You can activate your credit card by visiting any Axis Bank ATM. The bank also has IVRS for activating credit cards.
- Choose a credit card
- Click the ‘Generate Credit PIN then Activation Code’.
- Enter your card number, date of birth, and expiration date.
- After you verify the details, you will get an activation code on the mobile number registered with the bank.
- Once you receive the activation code, call the IVRS or customer service number.
- Select ‘Generate Credit Card PIN, You have an activation code.
- Enter the right code and then set the credit card PIN.